Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Feelin' Blue

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

Jean on jean for many years was considered a fashion faux-pas. If you wore it, you were tacky and had no sense of style. Today jean on jean is on trend. For a couple of years I have been playing around with different looks.

Recently I wore this look with a darker jean shirt, and light-wash flared jeans. This gives off a 70's vibe to me, especially with the clog style heels. For spring a big trend is clog style heels and jean on jean. If it is paired right, it can look effortless and chic.

One way to do jean on jean successfully is to make sure they are different shades, if they are the same shade it can be a little to matchy. You can do a lighter top and darker jeans, or vice versa. Another way is to break it up by wearing a patterned jean bottom and a plain top, or by pairing a shirt with a vest and jeans to add a little break. This outfit was really comfy and breezy, perfect for shopping, lunch, or even traveling. Also finding this peeling blue wall that matched my outfit was a total score and I love that cohesive feel between the setting and my outfit. Plus I'm a sucker for old, peeling, colorful walls I guess!

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com


stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

Top: H&M
Jeans: American Eagle "Skinny Kick"
Shoes: Forever 21
Necklace: H&M
Wallet: Target

xoxo -Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment