Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Deals and Steals- My vintage and new finds!


Stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

Last Friday I went to a garage sale that had closed out an estate. I had seen that they would have a lot of designer goods there and I am one of those people who loves name brands, but not the price they cost. I am quite thrifty and love a good steal. But who doesn't?? I had gone not really expecting to find anything that good, maybe some props for future flatlays. What I got was even better! 

First thing my mom and I found was an old alabaster lamp, that we got for a steal at $5. Then I found the fuzzy vanity chair hidden away under a table, that we got for $20. The chair is beyond perfect, as that is the theme of my next room. I want to go Hollywood glam, meets minimalistic color scheme. All neutral; beige, gold, brown, and soft pinks. 

The mirror, albeit too thin to actually use, would be a perfect piece to use on a table! This we also got at a steal of $5. You can place flowers on it, candles, it would be a cute centerpiece. The next absolutely amazing purchase was the Dolce & Gabbana heels. These shoes retail at about $500, I got them for $60. These are my first pair of designer shoes, and they had never been worn before! I'm so excited to wear these out soon. 
  
The last items, the guy gave us for free! The scarf is 100% cashmere, the two sunglasses, and some rings. Overall I was extremely happy with these finds. Plus, it was apparently my day of good finds. When I went to Anthropologie  to buy a mug, I also found a shaggy vest for $9.95, (yes, I said $9.95!) and some coated black Paige denim for $59.95. The vest was originally $148, and the jeans were $200 originally. 
  
These two items look so cute together, with just a white, or taupe t-shirt underneath and a nice chunky statement necklace, or if you like simple necklaces, just layer some up! 

Stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

Stylebypeyton.blogspot.com

It was a great day of deals and steals! Always check garage sales and local thrift shops, you never know what treasures there are!

 Let me know what great finds you have gotten recently or in the past! 

Xoxo -Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment