Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wish Bear

We all have an item from our childhood that we just can't seem to part with. Maybe it is a blanket, stuffed animal, t-shirts that don't fit and so on. For the longest time I tried to keep many of the memories from my childhood. The point being we all want to keep a part of our innocence, a time where there were no worries. That is why I really do love this jacket from Reformation and was drawn to it. Maybe it is because I don't want to grow up, and it lets me be a kid when I wear it.

I know this jacket totally looks like a Care Bear, all I need is a heart or a rainbow on my stomach (haha). It is one of my prized possessions. I love the style of it because it is the cut of a jean jacket, only with soft fuzzy material. I paired this with a classic white button down, and dark wash jeans. The other great thing about the Reformation is that all of their items are recycled fabrics that don't get thrown away without being used. Not only are their items super chic, and different, they are trying to make the fashion design industry less toxic to the environment by using excess fabrics instead of buying more. I am all for fashion for a good cause.

I think this outfit is fun, and little different. This is a nice winter outfit, or spring since it is layered! The jacket adds a nice pop of color as well as warmth. Lastly this jacket reminds me to forget the rules, and wear whatever I want. If you feel good wearing something, then wear it and forget what people will say about you. Judge people a little less, because almost everyone knows what it feels like to be talked about in a negative way. BE POSITIVE! Just a little food for thought...

P.S. I also had a lot of fun shooting this outfit in creepy old barracks for soldiers. I saw a homeless man staying in one of the barracks who was presumably sleeping (let's hope). That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed the post.






Reformation jacket bauble bar necklace

Zara Reformation mod style
Bear Jacket: Reformation Similar Here
Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Paige Denim
Necklace: Bauble Bar
Sunglasses: Zara
Boots: Franco Sarto

Let me know which item in your wardrobe is one that makes you feel nostalgic!


xoxo -Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment