Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mod about it

Mod style mock turtle neck tunic skinny jeans
More and more I find myself adapting the style of different eras. Today's outfit of the day is very mod channeling the sixties! When I did a school project we had the sixties and I had to dress the part. I researched many style icons of the era. Including, but not limited to; Jane Birkin, Jackie O., Audrey Hepburn, and Françoise Hardy. Of course there were many other women who rocked the mod/free-spirit look, these women are just some of my favorites. After this project I found myself picking out pieces that had that mod look to them. The sixties were a time of women showing that they could wear whatever they wanted. They broke a lot of rules that were set, and did not care. There is the classic sixties look that Audrey, Jackie, and Françoise embody. Then there is the more free spirit/ rocker style that Jane and many others embodied. To sum up, the sixties changed how women dressed in the generations to come.

This is my new favorite turtleneck because it has the fit of a tunic and it is very warm. I paired this with some leggings and knee high boots to be extra comfy. Pairing necklaces with turtlenecks can be tricky, so I choose to wear bigger earrings. Long earrings, or big studs would be perfect with turtlenecks as well. The black and white sunglasses and bag add a very mod look to this outfit. This turtleneck is one of my go-to pieces to throw on when in a rush because it is effortless. A curly pony adds a more mod look, while messy waves adds a more free-spirit look.



clutch purse clear



Mock turtle neck tunic sweater knee high boots

Turtleneck: Gap
Leggings: American Eagle
Boots: Target
Sunglasses: Zara 
Clear bag: Zara



xoxo -Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment